Sunday, December 10, 2017

Peace by Piece--Jeremiah 1:5



Every year at Christmastime I consider what I can give the Christ child. After all, why shouldn't He get presents at His own birthday celebration?

Some years my gifts to Him have included working on my patience, trying to pray more sincerely, and paying more attention during family scripture study.

This year I've chosen to give Baby Jesus my talents. 

While this isn't my first foray into illustrating scriptures with Lego, I wanted to take what I've learned from making my webcomic and create simple, shareable images with uplifting messages (as I am LDS, these scripture messages would come not only from the Bible, but also from the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, the Pearl of Great Price, and the teachings of modern-day prophets). I believe pairing these words with Lego can inspire new ways of thinking about them, and as much as I look forward to having an easy and unique way to share something that means so much to me, I hope my pictures can help lift other people up, too.

New installments to this "Peace by Piece" series will be published every Sunday. I've chosen one of my favorite scripture verses to start with--Jeremiah 1:5. It has always brought me so much comfort to know that God knows and loves me personally, and I feel closer to Him every time I read this little reminder.

I hope all of you are happy and well, and enjoying this wonderful holiday season!


Click here to see more from this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...