Sunday, December 24, 2017

Peace by Piece--Ether 12:4


Why a lawnmower and someone painting a fence?

It's the reason why I love this verse.

Obviously there's the promise of a better world to come in the next life. But I especially love this verse because it could also be interpreted to promise a better world in this life--here and now.

It's not a magic button that will suddenly make everyone hold hands and sing kumbaya. This world will have its problems all the way to the end.

But faith, as a principle of action, drives us to do what we each can do, in our own small spheres of influence, to make this world a better place.

And so, with faith, we can enjoy a better world--right now, and into the eternities.

Merry Christmas, friends. I'm grateful for the coming of Christ, who gives me the hope and strength I need to do my part in building a better world.


Click here to see more from this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...