Thursday, May 30, 2019

Peace by Piece--Mosiah 2:17


A little "behind the scenes" story for this picture quote:

When I had decided to pair a soup kitchen scene with this verse from the Book of Mormon, I knew I would need a ladle piece to make it most effective. The problem was I didn't have one--and to add to that, this particular piece only appeared in eleven Lego sets from 1982 to 2005, so it's not exactly common.

But I really liked the idea of portraying someone serving Christ in a food line, so I went ahead with the scene anyway and determined to just make do with some other piece or combination of pieces to give the illusion of a ladle.

Well, the day before I shot my pictures for the week, my Lego subscription box came in the mail (thanks, Booster Bricks!). These boxes contain building challenges and a random assortment of pieces, and are lots of fun.

Would you believe it? The first piece that caught my eye when I opened the box was a ladle.

Some might call it a coincidence and some might call it God. I have my opinions and I'll let you make of it what you will, because I'm here to inspire, not to preach (though I appreciate how patient you've been when I've slipped!).

At the very least I thought it was super cool and wanted to share my excitement with you over how it all came together.


More Peace by Piece picture quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...