Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Peculiar People #43


I don't mean to diminish the sacredness of sacrament meeting or General Conference by calling out a behavior that I find symptomatic of a larger issue. I also don't mean to come across as judgmental, though I don't doubt some will take it that way. To those who do, I apologize.

To be sure, speaking in front of a group of people is hard. And those who don't enjoy it have valid reasons, from anxiety to personal struggles with the topical principles.

But when someone only has fifteen to twenty minutes to expound on a meaningful subject, as a hearer I always appreciate it when they don't spend the first five of those minutes throwing the person under the bus who invited them up there.

It's okay to be scared--and it's even okay to (privately) say no.

But I promise the Spirit will be stronger if you don't tell the congregation you don't want to be there.


More Peculiar People comics

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...